[Kdenlive-devel] Just my 2 cents

Marco Zambianchi marcozambi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 10:23:46 UTC 2008

Hi all!
I am currently using KDENLIVE 0.7 svn on Ubuntu (not KUbuntu) 8.10
with big success.
So, as first thing, i want to express my huge appreciation to the
developer team.
Maybe you haven't realized yet that KDEnlive is THE video editing tool
under Linux. So keep up the good work!

I am creating a quite large documentary using KDENLIVE, and I started
my project under 0.5 version, that on Ubuntu worked quite well.
Then Ubuntu 8.04 came out shipping an ultre-super-highly buggy version
0.6-svn of KDENLIVE, that forced me to stop using it. The same is with
8.10's version of KDENLIVE, and I think it's been a huge mistake
committing such a buggy package to be distributed within the most
successful distro out there. This because I've red of many Italian
users really disappointed after have given a try to KDENLIVE. The 0.7
svn of today is largely most stable than the actual Ubuntu 8.10
version. So, giving the fact you are discussing new packaging
policies, please, remember that a disgruntled user is a lost user 90%
of the time. And God knows how much Linux OS-es are in need of a nice,
powerful, user-friendly video editing tool like KDENLIVE is.

Now, forgive me, I have a little wish to express before closing. Is it
feasible to implement pan-zom effects in MLT? I mean the famous
"kenburns" effects you can obtain with dvd-slideshow command line
software.

Keep up the good work, and if you are interested in spying on my
ongoing documentary project (release date on youtube Jan 1st, 2009),
this is a snapshot in lo-fi.
http://www.forumastronautico.it/flv/play.php?entry=9999.flv

Bye!

--
Marco Zambianchi
ForumAstronautico.it - Admin * ISAA Association - Founder