[Kdenlive-devel] Adding unittests to kdenlive?

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Mon Dec 15 09:27:23 UTC 2008

On Monday 15 December 2008 08.39:36 Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> As kdenlive is clearly very much a GUI program major parts of kdenlive can
> not be unittested. However, some parts can. Right now I would like to
> create a unit test for part of the KdenliveDoc::convertDocument() function.
> I am capable of doing this, but would like to know beforehand if it would
> be OK with all? (Especially JB, I reckon).

I have absolutely no experience in unit tests, but I admit that it would be
great to have an automated way to check the loading / saving of documents
whenever some changes are made to the kdenlive document format.

> Also, what framework to use? I have experience with ccpunit and boost, but
> I reckon QtTestLib would be better to use for Kdenlive?
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/writingunittests/writingun
>ittests.html

Yes, the QtTestLib is probably a better choice if it's ok for you to look at
it.

Regards
jb