[Kdenlive-devel] relative paths in project files

Alberto Villa villa.alberto at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 21:54:32 UTC 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008 22:50:05 Alberto Villa wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Mads Bondo Dydensborg
>
> <mads at dydensborg.dk> wrote:
> > Am I right in assuming that this functionality is now part of Kdenlive
> > SVN, and AFAICT works correctly?
>
> it worked well for me with the patch you've just added, but i'm going
> to test it tomorrow

ok, i can now confirm that this feature works well

> there's obviously a problem with old included .westley files, but i
> still don't know anything about them (i think they don't even work
> with correct paths... i'll try)... will they be supported? i've read
> of virtual clips coming back to kdenlive: same thing?

i've did some tests with .westley's, and saw they're currently supported, but
they obviously can't update their paths since this happens only on
<kdenlive_producer>s
it could be solved applying the hash thing to <producer>s instead of
<kdenlive_producer>s, but that would result in many duplicated hash
calculations, which is not that fast, and in bigger project files. another way
could be to write in the project file a list of file conversions (oldfile.avi
> newfile.avi) using those updated in <kdenlive_producer>s (but probably they
wouldn't be enough, because .westley's can also refer to other files, so we
should parse them too) and to check .westley's <producer>s for matches: gosh!
any ideas (i don't consider the two above to be decent ideas)
if the second one could be done at runtime (a QSomething records the
conversions, than <producer>s are updated) it could be good, but i don't know
how <producer>s url are read/used

> > If that is the case, I want to add it to the Changelog :-)
>
> i'm waiting for kde 4.2 beta 1 (or 2) to be added to freebsd ports to
> implement the nepomuk thing, but that can be added as another point

this is probably happening on the last week of december. if the .westley's
thing isn't crucial, i think you could update the changelog, and then add this
nepomuk feature as "increased desktop search integration" or similar
--
Alberto Villa <villa.alberto at gmail.com>