[Kdenlive-devel] Website changes

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Fri Dec 12 10:30:31 UTC 2008

> Note: FCP Logo can be seen here:
> http://www.setyourrate.com/profileImages/FINAL-CUT-PRO-LOGO-TN_8211_large.JPG
>
> As per our discussion, I don't see a similarity other than that they
> both use
> a clapper board which is a classic film object pre-existing Apple
> (prior art).

MLT is being ported to MacOsX and Kdenlive may be available soon for
MacOsX. You should consider a basic MacOsX user choosing to run FCP or
Kdenlive from a menu. If there is a possible confusion, then Apple may
decide to sew us, because FCP logo is a registrered trademark.

I would prefer a completely different logo, so that there is no possible
confusion. As regards to law, you should not consider confusion of
experienced users like yourself, but possible confusion of normal users.

>From my point of view, this legal issue closes any discussion about this
logo. Come back with a completely different logo and we will reconsider
our choice.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel