[Kdenlive-devel] startup crash

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Fri Dec 12 08:35:52 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 09:27 +0100, Salvatore brigaglia wrote:
> I'm building it myself. No wizard! But the strange thing is that i
> built it in the same way for months and now, suddenly, it is giving me
> this strange startup crash.
>
> Don't loose more time on this. I'tt re-instal the os (was planned
> anyway). I just thought it was interesting to know WHAT happened to
> avoit it to happens again!

Maybe related:

If you are building MLT in /usr and then /usr/local, MLT will create
pkg-config files in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig and /usr/lib/pkgconfig/

During compilation of Kdenlive, /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig will take
precedence. And it leads to non-working versions of kdenlive.

Before compiling Kdenlive, you should always remove any installed MLT
version, including pkgconfig files, especially if installed
in /usr/local.

Dave, can you confirm this pkgconfig issue?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel