[Kdenlive-devel] Direct filming to computer using video4linux

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Mon Dec 8 17:18:52 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 2:01 AM, Jean-Michel Pouré <jm at poure.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I am writing and reviewing Kdenlive overview page:
> http://www.kdenlive.org/about-kdenlive/video-editing-made-easy
>
> I would like to make a screenshot of Kdenlive using video4linux device.
>
> My old DV cam supports USB streaming,

Do you have any more information about this - what is "USB streaming?"
Have you used it before with another V4L app?

> but I cannot initiate the dialog.
>
> Any idea how to test it?

To test the camera or the capture monitor? To test the capture
monitor, you can load the vivi kernel module. It is a V4L module that
synthesizes color bars with a timecode burned in.

--
+-DRD-+