[Kdenlive-devel] Some .TS clips are... clipped to 10 seconds

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Dec 4 23:14:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Albert ARIBAUD <albert.aribaud at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (Reproduced on today's SVN)
>
> Sometimes when adding a TS file as a clip in a DV PAL project (don't know
> about others), the clip gets a size of 10 seconds even though the TS is
> 45-odd minutes. Not every TS does that.

Can you please make ~20 seconds available by reducing the file size
using 'dd' with a block size of 188? You can use 'ffmpeg -i the.ts' to
get the data rate. Then, to get the number of blocks to copy, convert
bitrate to bytes by dividing by 8, multiplying by 1024 for kilo,
multiply by 20 seconds, and divide by 188. ffmpeg -i your result
should show you if you are correct. Otherwise, you can also just
divide the original size by some factor, like say 90 to get ~30
seconds. Finally, attach it to a bug at kdenlive.org/mantis.

> BTW, TS file extensions are not recognized by the clip open dialog: they
> don't show in the list, and I have to enter their name manually. Maybe
> that's somehow related, i.e., kdenlive is not supposed to support TS files?

TS is supported, but only as good as FFmpeg does, which is decent, but
not great. Usually, it does not seek well, never had a duration issue
yet. Yes, last night I noticed that .ts was not support in the file
dialog either. To interested readers, .m2t is TS for HDV; .mts is TS
for AVCHD, but .ts is the more generic form.

--
+-DRD-+