[Kdenlive-devel] audio and video index

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Thu Aug 28 11:33:16 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 27 August 2008 13:03:22 opensourcecat wrote:
> Translating kdenlive into italian i found a string named «Audio index», in
> the «edit clip» window of a video clip. What is that supposed to be? Is it
> meant to delay or postpone the audio track of the clip? I found that value
> for video and audio index goes from -1 to 99.
>
> Thanks for clarifying that.

Hi.

The audio and video index are meant to be used with some video files. Some
video files can have several video or audio streams in them. The most common
being a video file with several audio streams - one for each language. In that
case, the audio index would allow to select which language should be used when
playing that video.

Please note that this is not working yet in Kdenlive, but if I am correct
everything is ready in MLT and FFmpeg to make this work.

Hope it helps. Regards
jb