[Kdenlive-devel] Updated german translation

Joux joux at gmx.de
Fri Aug 15 18:42:25 UTC 2008

Hi,

Michael Shigorin schrieb:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 06:56:59PM +0200, Joux wrote:
>> I've just joined the mailinglist, because kdenlive seemed a
>> very good project. Linux still lacks a good video editor for me.
>
> Depending on your definition of "good" here, cinelerra might be
> worth a look: it's free and professional, although not exactly
> easy to learn.

Yes, thank you, I tried it and found it mighty but unintuitive.

> Re translation, it's probably for v0.5 -- there's active
> development underway for remade KDE4 version, and there were
> quite a few changes towards 0.6 in KDE3 branch (trunk).

Well, I looked for the most active stuff in svn on sourceforge, and used
the version from the KDE4 branch, as I posted:

> /kdenlive/branches/KDE4/po/de/kdenlive.po

Someone just submitted a chinese tranlation for this branch one day ago.

So, was this the right place in the svn?

The about box of kdenlive 0.6.0-svn says something about translation on
kde.org and launchpad, but the project is not set up for translation on
either of them..

Thanks for your help.

j.