[Kdenlive-devel] Error while try to compile kdenlive using the kdenlive_builder_v3

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Aug 14 20:29:16 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 6:39 AM, Mads Bondo Dydensborg
<mads at dydensborg.dk> wrote:
> torsdag 14 August 2008 skrev Roland Kaeser:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> When try to compile kdenlive from sources using the kdenlive_builder_v3 I
> get the following error when try to compile mlt. Seems to me as a ordinary
> syntax error.
>>
>> Roland
>
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/install/kdenlive/mlt/src/albino'
>> filter_sox.c:261:43: error: missing binary operator before token "("
>> filter_sox.c:268:43: error: missing binary operator before token "("
>> filter_sox.c:374:43: error: missing binary operator before token "("
>

> Hi Roland
>
> What happens is that either the symbol ST_LIB_VERSION or ST_LIB_VERSION_CODE
> appears to be undefined in your sources, or mlt is unable to figure it out.
>
> My guess is that your version of sox is quite new? The mlt sources works with
> sox 13.0.0, and there seems to be code to handle sox 14.x.x, but perhaps it
> fails?

The sox module is such a pain in the ass to support that I am
considering not responding to any issues with it. Alternatively, I
might just have to include a private copy of the code and only
statically link with it, but that code will likely not get updated
often, which is a drawback. If you have sox 14.1, here is a recently
reported issue:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2040035&group_id=96039&atid=613414

--
+-DRD-+