[Kdenlive-devel] blue screen during plaback

Johannes Wilm j at indymedia.no
Wed Aug 13 03:11:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Johannes Wilm <j at indymedia.no> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 1:01 AM, jb <jb at kdenlive.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 05 August 2008 18:17:44 Dan Dennedy wrote:
>> > JB, can you add an option to your video driver selection UI that will
>> > set this variable? I am thinking separate X11 and XVideo entries will
>> > suffice.
>>
>> I now added 2 separate entries in the video driver list:
>> "XVideo", which uses the x11 SDL driver and "X11" which uses the same
>> driver
>> but disables hardware acceleration.
>>
>> Johannes, can you please test and tell me if it works for you ?

Ok, I just checked-out everything again from SVN and now it all seems to
work!

Two things that are somewhat annoying though are:

-- playback speed: I don't really care about only 4 pictures a second being
shown, but the sound has lots of skipping as well, which makes it hard to
cut precisely

-- artifacts during playback: If I clip the stream somewhere and put it back
together in another order, the artifacts on the first second or so after the
cut are so strong, that it's hard to make out where exactly I did the cut.

For the latter, it would maybe help if at least the first picture after any
cut was recalculated as a key-frame or so. But for both together, I wonder
if a temporary solution would be to operate with proxy files. In that case
though, kdenlive would need to support operating on proxy files and then
later on to render using the originals.

At any rate, thank you all so much for finally making AVCHD working on
Linux!

--
Johannes Wilm
http://www.johanneswilm.org