[Kdenlive-devel] GUI freeze during playback

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Aug 12 17:57:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Jared Henley <jared.henley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 6:17 AM, jb <jb at kdenlive.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Monday 11 August 2008 13:29:28 Jared Henley wrote:
>> > I have an 11 second clip.  When I play it, it seems to go for 11 seconds
>> > OK
>> > but the time display is far too slow, and only reaches 3-4 seconds when
>> > the
>> > video actually ends.  After that, kdenlive keeps trying to play the
>> > video
>> > until "11 seconds".  During the entire time, it's not possible to stop
>> > playback.  This is making it fairly impossible to do any real editing.
>>
>> What is the format of that clip ? Does it play fine with MLT's command
>> line
>> player ? ( from a terminal, type: inigo my_clip.mpg )
>>
>> Does it play fine with ffplay (ffplay my_clip.mpg) ?
>>
>> regards
>> jb
>
> My files are PAL DV widescreen, progressive.  inigo and ffplay (and xine)
> work properly.  Everything that I've tried so far has the same problem.
>
> I've built and installed mlt, mlt++ and kdenlive fresh from subversion.
> (Could this be an issue related to mlt 0.3.0?)  My ffmpeg is 20080715.

I have the same problem with kdenlive for KDE4. Of course, inigo plays
them fine. I have not tested the workaround with the smaller playback
window yet. I have been habitually resizing my window to nearly
1680x1050 on launch and then adjusting frame dividers to reduce the
timeline to contain just the several included tracks and to enlarge
the preview area.

--
+-DRD-+