[Kdenlive-devel] GUI freeze during playback

Jared Henley jared.henley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 11:29:28 UTC 2008

> I've just discovered a bug that got fixed in the KDE3 series has turned up.
>
> When playing the project, the GUI doesn't respond for quite some time (eg
> pressing pause has no effect for several seconds or more).
>
> Regards,
> Jared.

Some more detail:

I have an 11 second clip.  When I play it, it seems to go for 11 seconds OK
but the time display is far too slow, and only reaches 3-4 seconds when the
video actually ends.  After that, kdenlive keeps trying to play the video
until "11 seconds".  During the entire time, it's not possible to stop
playback.  This is making it fairly impossible to do any real editing.

The problem is the same in both clip playback and project playback.

Also, the tick marks below the video disappear at about 70% of the way
along.

Jared.