[Kdenlive-devel] problem with KDEnlive start up

Peter van der Laan p_van_derlaan at hccnet.nl
Sat Aug 2 23:38:21 UTC 2008

If I want to start up KDEnlive (Suse 11, KDE 3.5.9.65.1, kernel
2.6.26-3) in the normal mode the program starts up but closes again. If
I try to open KDEnlive under root, I get the following message:
# kdenlive
kbuildsycoca running...
jack_client_new: deprecated
Cannot connect to server socket err = Bestand of map bestaat niet
Cannot connect to server socket
jack server is not running or cannot be started
akode: Guessed format: xiph
KNotify::playTimeout
KNotify::playTimeout
KCrash: Application 'kdenlive' crashing...
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 9993, errno = 9

What can I do about it to solve it and to open and work with KDEnlive
again like I used to do under Suse 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3?
Thanks and regards,
Perro30