[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive 0.6 release and development information

g.marco at freenet.de g.marco at freenet.de
Wed Apr 30 07:50:10 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, 29. April 2008 schrieb Jared Henley:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a relative newcomer to kdenlive, having moved off kino because I really
> needed a multitrack NLE to get my work done in a reasonable time.  I think
> it's great, but I'm really keen to see a more stable version than what I'm
> using.
>
> Someone else asked about the status of the 0.6 release that was expected in
> March, and that was my question too, especially as it's the end of April
> already.  Obviously these things take time, devs have lives too, and so on,
> so rather than complaining I'd prefer to make a suggestion and offer to
> help.
help is always welcome.

if you use kde-3version of kdenlive and find bugs, could you please run this
in gdb and make a backtrace (or a way to reproduce this)
every kind of help is helping to improve the kde3-version (kde4 too)

> I think the kdenlive user community could benefit from 1) more information
> into what's happening in the development process, and 2) some svn snapshot
> releases that are known to build and run fairly well (along with their
> dependency information.  I've had trouble since my distro stopped shipping
> a kdenlive binary, since the kdenlive I have won't run against newer ffmpeg
> releases)
to 1: what exact (not so much changes, mor interface to mlt changes, adding
new features/functions to the kde4-version, but alll not in a release state)?

to 2: the kde-3version has not a lot of changes in the past. i'll try out what
versions of mlt/ffmpeg are needed exact (but not the next 2 or 3 weeks), but
latest mlt/mlt++/ffmpeg versions works for me for both latest svn-versions

> What I'd like to do is to monitor this list and/or SVN commits for
> development information, and update a news page somewhere -- kdenlive.org
> or the wiki?? -- to let people know what's going on.  I'd also like to do
> something towards item 2, but I'll let the devs tell me how best to go
> about it.

nice to hear, you can do that as well. svn commit have an extra mailing-list
in the kdenlive project page. if you want to inform about that, and find out
what versions are needed for what version, please tell we, so we can find a
way.

> Jared Henley.

regards marco