[Kdenlive-devel] Projects list is too complicated

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Mon Sep 10 21:59:35 UTC 2007

On Sep 9, 2007, at 1:23 PM, José Jorge wrote:

> When I launch Kdenlive, the format of the project is way too
> professionnal ;-)
>
> I suggest a simpler choice, only 3/4 formats, the other ones in a
> advanced zone.
>
> I expected to get something like :
> - VGA (640x480) as most videos from cameras are like this

maybe from photo cameras, but not DV or HDV

> - DVD (768x576) obvious
> - HD-DVD (1920x1440) for the future

well, my basic list includes:
DV
HDV
DVD
Web Video including:
   AVC/AAC MP4
   Ogg Theora/Vorbis
   MPEG-4/MP3 AVI
   Flash Video

then, another has their basic list that includes VCD and MJPEG AVI.

> In advanced zone, we could have the current list, this I didn't
> understood (where the heck is DVD format), with the aspect ratio in a
> listbox.

JB, something somebody else raised and we need to think of is the
role of the project vs. export profiles. Currently, all it really
does is guide the preview, and the export can specify a separate
profile. However, we need to also think about the future ability to
background render and the pass-through capability (to allow smart
rendering). In that case, we need to know something more like today's
export profile that includes codecs and muxed format. Can we just
have one place to make the choice and if the choice changes flush all
renderings?