[Kdenlive-devel] Theora exports

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sun Sep 9 09:34:38 UTC 2007

On Sunday 09 September 2007 11.14:16 José Jorge wrote:
> hi, just to indicate theora format exports gives .avi files. This is
> wrong, the official extension is .ogg

Yes, thanks. This is a known issue, see our bugtracker:
http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2

The problem is that Kdenlive uses FFMPEG for video encoding/decoding.
Currently, FFMPEG cannot encode theora into the .ogg container.

So for now we export to avi, but not all players seem to recognize it - so we
have to admit that for the moment theora export is broken...

Waiting to see if something moves on the FFMPEG side.

regards
jb
--
Jean-Baptiste Mardelle