[Kdenlive-devel] A bug related to some other libraries I suppose

Koray Löker loker at pardus.org.tr
Tue May 29 09:35:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm getting more and more excited by using a tool like Kdenlive... I can't
wait more stable and featuring versions... Thanks to all...

I'm experiencing a strange bug which I suppose caused by another library as
Kdenlive works with

<Dependency versionFrom="1.2.5">sdl-image</Dependency>
            <Dependency versionFrom="0.1.2">libsamplerate</Dependency>
            <Dependency versionFrom="1.1.3">libogg</Dependency>
            <Dependency versionFrom="1.1.2">libvorbis</Dependency>
            <Dependency versionFrom="1.0.0">libdv</Dependency>
            <Dependency versionFrom="1.12">ladspa-sdk</Dependency>
            <Dependency
versionFrom="0.102.20">jack-audio-connection-kit</Dependency>
            <Dependency versionFrom="12.18.2">sox</Dependency>
            <Dependency versionFrom="2.6.27">libxml2</Dependency>
            <Dependency versionFrom="0.9.10">libquicktime</Dependency>
            <Dependency versionFrom="0.2.2">mlt</Dependency>
            <Dependency versionFrom="0.2.2">mlt++</Dependency>
            <Dependency releaseFrom="20">ffmpeg</Dependency>
            <Dependency>libtheora</Dependency>

these tools in runtime and no other developer/user talked about it yet...  (I
guess I'm using one of the libraries different than the rest of kdenlive
staff)

But I'm asking to the list as I expect that somebody can have a more accurate
guess than me...

When I add a new video to timeline, there's a white blank screen in timeline
monitor until I touch with the razor for once... (I can continue after
undoing that..) It's not that critical as there's a solution like this
(altough it's so lame) but it would be better to solve this...

However I couldn't find the source of this strange behaviour if it's from the
mlt* or ffmpeg etc. The codec/format of the inserted video doesn't matter (I
tried avi, mpeg, flv types with few codecs as dv, mpeg4, mpeg).

Btw: I'm using Pardus and these dependency list is from the PiSi package of
Kdenlive, you can check out the source of PiSi package from
http://packages.pardus.org.tr/2007/source/kdenlive.html

--
Koray Löker
<-/ http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/ ... for freedom /->