[Kdenlive-devel] Wikibook in French

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Wed May 16 21:33:49 UTC 2007

> AVCHD is not HDV. HDV is MPEG-2 video inside MPEG-2 Transport Stream. AVCHD is
> MPEG-4 part 10 (H.264) video, also in MPEG2-TS. AVCHD is pretty much
> uncharted territory in Free Software. ffmpeg's ts demuxer and h.264 decoder
> are not prepared to handle the unique features used in this format.

Bad news. Do you think it is possible to convert AVCHD to h264 using
ffmpeg prior to editing? This is quite important for me. I will be
interviewing a famous economist on Tuesday and I planned to buy this
camcorder. I already have a good tri-ccd camcorder, but I want high
quality and full frames 1080p.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel