[Kdenlive-devel] Bug? - Can't add AVI or MP3

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Mar 27 19:15:15 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 6:11 am, jb wrote:
> > Yes, it didn't find avformat. When I use
> > --avformat-static=/usr/src/trunk it stops complaining.

You can not use --avformat-static because in /usr/src/trunk you configured
ffmpeg with --enable-shared.

> > However, making mlt fails with:
> >     producer_avformat.c:30:21: error: swscale.h: No such file or
> > directory

As I suggested in my previous reply, this is actually a bug in mlt build. I
just now fixed it in mlt CVS.

> > Using --avformat-swscale didn't solve the problem.
>
> Sorry, my fault. You should add --enable-swscaler to FFMPEG configure. I
> just fixed web site doc.

This requires the CVS HEAD version of mlt, but we are going to make a new MLT
release soon, and that will help. It requires CVS HEAD because it has the
corresponding, required MLT --avformat-swscale option.

In short, ffmpeg's --enable-swscaler requires both mlt CVS HEAD and
mlt's --avformat-swscale configure option.

> You should be able to compile with
> --avformat-shared=path_to_your_FFMPEG_installation

socke, this is the correct form.

--
+-DRD-+