[Kdenlive-devel] Bug? - Can't add AVI or MP3

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Mar 27 03:13:33 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 5:28 am, socke wrote:
> jb wrote:
> > socke wrote:
> >> the command
> >>
> >>     inigo /media/Prometheus/dubbing/video.avi
> >>
> >> just prints out the help text.
> >
> > That's what I thought. Something is wrong with your mlt install. inigo
> > is MLT's command line player.
> > If it can't play a video file, Kdenlive will for sure not work.
> >
> > Can you please try recompiling FFMPEG and MLT  using the instructions
> > mentionned on:
> >
> > http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/downloads.php#requirements
> >
> > regards
> >
> > jb
>
> Yes, it didn't find avformat. When I use
> --avformat-static=/usr/src/trunk it stops complaining.
> However, making mlt fails with:
>     producer_avformat.c:30:21: error: swscale.h: No such file or directory
>
> Using --avformat-swscale didn't solve the problem.

Um, I'm pretty sure --avformat-swscale is NOT working in conjunction
with --avformat-static.

I see another problem in there as well that can enable the swscale code when
it shouldn't be. I will fix it, and let you know when it's done.

Before we can help further, how did you configure ffmpeg--using kdenlive's
directions? We need to know whether it was configured with --enable-shared or
not.

--
+-DRD-+