[Kdenlive-devel] Re.: Hello... Some suggestions, bugs and

jb jb at ader.ch
Fri Mar 23 11:03:56 UTC 2007

Juan M wrote:
> >-- I got a SEGFAULT also when trying to add a song as a clip project. I
> >could discover why: the MP3 file had a special, accented character in
> >its name. I could add it to the project, but Kdenlive SEGFAULTed when I
> >clicked once in the filename for having it played in the top-right
> >panel. When I renamed the file without the character (an acute-accented
> >"e"), it worked.
Depending on your file system encoding, there might effectively be some
issues. It seems to me that most distros now use an UTF-8 encoding for
file system, which should work fine.
However if you use a locale encoding you might still experience some
crashes, I have not found a reliable way to make this encoding stuff
work in all situations. However, I think utf-8 encoding for file system
is now rather standard on linux systems.

> >--- I could edit the properties for transitions very rarely. I presume
> >that this should be done easily with a double-click over a Transition
> >rectangle between clips, but this method will work only once or twice. A
> >different "transition section" is selected or the previously selected
> >one keeps the focus, no matter how much I click in the transition
> >rectangle I want to edit. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?
> Have the same problem, both in version 0.4 and 0.5 (I'm working with
> two weeks old svn version). I already posted a message commenting this
> problem, but not sure if it's already fixed. If you need to walk
> around the issue, just work with the timeline scale to have all
> transitions for a given clip visible in the screen. Then you'll be
> able to select any of them just double clicking.
I had forgotten about this issue. It is now fixed, thanks. Please also
note that with Kdenlive 0.5 you can now edit a transition by right
clicking on it and selecting "transition->edit transition" from the
context menu.

> >--- A previous message in this list suggested the use of one of those
> >"Bulletin Boards", vBulletin-like forums, and I agree that this would be
> >greatly appreciated. The Wiki is not really a space for questions and
> >answers, bug reports and such; and I admit that I am sorry and afraid of
> >writing such a big, general message in a developers forum. But it is the
> >ONLY contact/discussion way I could find.
>
> Agree also. There's a "Forum" option in the sourceforge kdenlive page,
> but is not used. Any reason ?
No reason except that I haven't yet have time to take care of it. Will
try to open it for Kdenlive 0.5 release so that user can share their
experiences.

> I finally take the opportunity to inform everybody that I've started
> modifying the documentation in the wiki (beginning from the quickstart
> guide). I've based the modifications in the new version 0.5 as it's
> release is immediate. Please feel free to have a look, comment and
> correct anything wrong. Specially my english grammar & syntax !!!!
Great, thanks.

regards
jb