[Kdenlive-devel] Audio cut "slips" from cutting point -- bug?

Stephane Fillod f8cfe at free.fr
Tue Mar 20 23:06:54 UTC 2007

Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 11:03:05AM -0300, Fabricio Rocha skribis:
> My project has a lot of clips from a single .VOB file, NTSC DVD with AC3
> 48k audio, and lots of crossfade transitions among the clips. The
> transitions work OK in the timeline itself, but when I export the
> timeline to a video file, I notice that, while the video is correctly
> cut and crossfaded in the clip end, the audio from clip "A" is extended
> beyond the point where it should end, and only then the audio track of
> clip "B" starts.
>
> This causes a cumulative effect. In a certain point of the final video,
> the audio track was completely out of sync with the video, something
> like a 5 seconds delay. I tried to export to many formats, but the
> problem remained.
>
> Is this a known bug? Does it happen to any of you? Or am I doing
> something wrong?

I have experienced the same bug. I had to convert the VOB file to an
intermediate format to workaround the problem. However, I would prefer
not to do this, in order to not loose quality in convertion and save
some GB of disk space and processing time.

--
Stephane