[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive 0.5 release schedule

jb jb at ader.ch
Mon Mar 19 13:21:38 UTC 2007

Hello everyone.

Here is a draft for the release of Kdenlive 0.5.

String freeze: sunday 25th march at midnight
Release: monday 3rd of april

Before the string freeze, I will try to work on the following things:

* Try to fix the slowmotion effect
* Try to fix some bugs in the on screen info display
* Try to reorganize the menus
* Have a look at the slideshow quality and transition problems

I hope it is ok for the translators, if you need it, we can wait a few
more days before release.
If you think I forget something really important for the 0.5 release,
let me know.

In the last days, I did fix several memory leaks and did some
optimizations, and it seems to me that Kdenlive has gained in stability.

Everyone is of course encouraged to test Kdenlive before the release so
that we can fix some of the remaining bugs.

The next version of Kdenlive will be based on KDE4, and I will mainly
concentrate on UI improvements and better desktop integration.

regards
jb