[Kdenlive-devel] How do I capture video ?

jb jb at ader.ch
Sun Mar 18 11:44:52 UTC 2007

On Sunday 18 March 2007 12.03:29 Harry van der Wolf wrote:
> 1. - How do I capture.

Hi.

The capture process in Kdenlive uses dvgrab. You need dvgrab version 2.0.
Maybe you have an older version ?

Basically if capture works with the command line dvgrab, I see no reason why
it would not work in Kdenlive.

> 2.- Where are the captured files stored.
> Are they stored in the "Folder for temporary files"  or ...?
> After the (assumed) capture i did a "sudo updatedb; locate -i .avi |
> more"  (also tried "locate -i .dv | more") to check where they were
> located, but as point 1 already explains: no video file.
> Nevertheless the question: where are they stored or where are the
> intermediate video files stored?

Capture files are written to the KDE user temporary folder which is usually
in:
~/.kde/tmp-username-desktop

There, Kdenlive creates a folder called dvcapture where it stores the files.
After the capture, they are copied to the project default folder or deleted
if the user does not want to keep them.

Hope it helps
jb