[Kdenlive-devel] Bug? - Can't add AVI or MP3

jb jb at ader.ch
Tue Mar 13 20:59:53 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 13 March 2007 21.09:21 socke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> regardless of what file I add, I receive the message "The file <file
> name> is not a valid video file for kdenlive..."
> Since AVI and MP3 files are officially supported, I believe that this is
> a bug.
> My setup: Kubuntu dapper, amd64, recent CVS versions of FFmpeg, MLT and
> Kdenlive.

Looks like a problem with your MLT install...
From a console, try playing your files with inigo:

inigo my_video.avi

and

inigo my_sound.mp3

If it doesn't work, there is definitely something wrong with your MLT install,
please check that you followed instructions at:

http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/downloads.php#requirements

(the configure flags for FFMPEG and MLT are very important...)

regards
jb