[Kdenlive-devel] New: output to secondary monitor

jb jb at ader.ch
Sat Mar 3 00:19:54 UTC 2007

Hello everyone.

I played around with my graphic card tese days and managed to have a working
tv out.

So I did some work on Kdenlive & MLT and you can now have the video output of
Kdenlive displayed on a secondary monitor / tv.

You need the latest MLT cvs & Kdenlive, then in Settings->Hardware, enable
the "use secondary monitor" option and select the number of your secondary
display.

You then need to restart Kdenlive.

Of course this will only work if you have correcty configured your X server so
that your 2 monitors work at the same time (not in xinerama, only dual head
is supported), and you better have a fast pc.

So if some of you have a dual monitor setup, let me know if it works for you.

I am also interested to know if the "medium quality" export feature works
correctly for you since I tweaked it to keep aspect ratio.

regards
jb