[Kdenlive-devel] testing 0.5svn20070610 report

Jan Uhlir espinosa_cz at centrum.cz
Mon Jun 11 13:37:00 UTC 2007

So I hopefully builded as it should be. ffmpeg, mlt and kdenlive from SVN.

Just one strange thing.
espinosa at esplaptop:~/build> ldd lib/libmlt.so
linux-gate.so.1 => (0xffffe000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0xb7eb6000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0xb7eb2000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7e9a000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb7d6c000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x80000000)
MLT is NOT linked with ffmpeg?
How do I know if MLT does use the right version of ffmpeg (compiled svn and NOT

I cannot see audio thumbnails - will check later
I cannot play video clip in clip preview window - will check later

I tested only DVD rendering with default settings.
I reused my old project from 0.4 version.

Rendering of selection is broken!
I cannot load rendered very short clips to Avidemux. (Cannot read file)
Longer clips - Avidemux can read them, but they appear damaged after few frames, wrong length is displayed, as if whole timeline was rendered, playback ends prematurely with error message about damaged file.
Wrong length data in mpeg header?

However clip is playable in xine or mplayer, no error messages even in playback log.

Rendering of whole time line seems to be OK.
Aspect ratio is OK!
No big black borders!
Text clip track is rendered and on the right place!

Still:
First frame is too compressed (quantized). Appears damaged in xine. Check my forum post.
Frame count is lower compared to original clip (320 compared to 332)

Will report more tomorrow.