[Kdenlive-devel] Rendering changes + release

jb jb at ader.ch
Sat Jun 9 21:01:16 UTC 2007

On Friday 08 June 2007 23.25:11 Dan Dennedy wrote:
> Why would one choose 320x200 when it is not a 16:9 ratio? Or, is that just
> an example?

Yes, that's for sure not a very good example but currently there are some
predefined templates in Kdenlive with different sizes and 320x200 is one of
them, so that was just an example. Not sure these predefined templates are
really well designed anyways, I would like to redesign the export feature
after the 0.5 release.

> > were added up and down so that the image was not distorted. With my
> > recent changes, the video is now scaled to fit the full screen, but has a
> > display ratio that is set so that the player should scale the image to
> > restore it's
>
> You mean--logically, not in mlt terminology--scale/zoom to fill the target
> resolution and then crop the excess?

Yes, it's just a matter of passing a correct aspect_ratio and display_ratio to
the avformat consumer

> Do you need a new mlt release?

Well, I think there were some important fixes (especially the mute audio track
thing, thanks a lot for this one), so yes it would be great to have a new
release when you have time.

regards

jb