[Kdenlive-devel] Less frames after rendering then in original

Jan Uhlir espinosa_cz at centrum.cz
Sat Jun 9 01:20:26 UTC 2007

My original videoclip (mpeg2 video) had 332 frames.
After rendering of the whole clip in Kdenlive it has 317 frames, 15 frames got missed.
Using libavformat parameter “real_time=0” (force non-realtime when rendering) as was suggested by Dan, unfortunately had no relevant effect.

Even more interesting is that after reencoding in Avidemux, 2 more frames got missed.

So after 2 reencodings I'm missing 5.5% of my original frames!  And 4.5 % got missed in Kdenlive.

When carefully watching on PC or TV, the loss is perceivable, the video is not so smooth as original, even small jerks appear like after dropped frames. When rendering interlaced to progressive effect seems to less visible (because additional transformation was applied?)

Well, the output is not ideal but still acceptable.

Rendering parameters (slightly customized DVD PAL):
video: mpeg2 4000000bps (0 min, 8000000 bps max), audio: ac3, 192 kbps, gop_size=12 me_range=63 b_frames=2 real_time=0.

Link to original video:
http://espinosa.klenot.cz/videotest/test_video_golany.vob

Jan