[Kdenlive-devel] "jerking" video - last twist in story?

Jan Uhlir espinosa_cz at centrum.cz
Thu Jun 7 02:32:25 UTC 2007

I am able to produce hardware compatible DVD now. No jerks or jittering.
However it requires full video reencoding of BOTH audio and video.
I tested many variants of a/v bitrate and many other settings but only one setting is relevant. Guess what. Interlacing!
The video is OK only when I set TFF as interlacing option. (TFF - top filed first I guess)
When I set "progressive" jerkiness is back! The very same issue.
So the story is back where it began - at interlacing :)

Jan

P.S.
I haven't test BFF option yet.
I cannot test mp2 sound as FFm mp2 audio encoding option has bug and crashes Avidemux. FFm ac3 is fine.