[Kdenlive-devel] corrupted first frame of rendered mpeg

Jan Uhlir espinosa_cz at centrum.cz
Sat Jun 2 00:38:05 UTC 2007

The first frame of rendered (DVD, PAL) mpeg2 or VOB seems to be of very low quality or even corrupted.

See this screenshot of the very first frame of the RENDERED clip:
http://espinosa.klenot.cz/videotest/video_golany_first_frame.png

After 1 or 2 frames tins get to normal, see the 4th frame:
http://espinosa.klenot.cz/videotest/video_golany_frame_4.png

Here is, for comparison 1st frame of the ORIGINAL clip:
http://espinosa.klenot.cz/videotest/video_golany_first_frame_orig_ok.png

Note:
When I play rendered movie in Xine or Kaffeine, the first few frames are corrupted (large green areas) when clip is started, but the picture is quickly "repaired" and the rest of the video clip is OK.
Mplayer however shows no corruption at all.

Is this normal?
Could this be somewhat related with my inability to render DVD playable video?

Thak you for any help
Jan