[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive_renderer strangeness

Aleksander Adamowski aleksander.adamowski at olo.org.pl
Sat Jul 7 23:24:47 UTC 2007

Hi!

I'd like to direct your attention to latest posts in this forum thread:
http://www.kdenlive.org/bbforum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30&hilit=&start=40

kdenlive_renderer exhibits very strange behavriour - when run with
identical arguments, but not from KDEnlive, produces output that
doesn't correspond to those arguments (MPEG-1 instead of MPEG-2,
lowest possible bitrate for video). It also doesn't crash on qscale=0,
although it does crash when KDEnlive launches it.

So it seems that it ignores command line arguments. I've verified in
/proc/PID/cmdline that those arguments are present and are properly
separated. So it seems that the problem is in kdenlive_renderer
itself.

Why does it behave like that? I've read the source code of main() a
little, but found nothing suspicious in the handling of argc/argv.

--
Best Regards,
  Aleksander Adamowski