[Kdenlive-devel] Importing project files

jb jb at ader.ch
Mon Jan 29 19:10:42 UTC 2007

On Monday 29 January 2007 18.12:18 wayne wrote:
> How does one import another kdenlive project file into your current
> project? When I use the "Add Clips" command, I keep getting "The file
> xxx.kdenlive is not a valid video file for kdenlive..." even though it's a
> kdenlive project file. Is this a dependency problem?

You probably have MLT 0.2.2. This feature was added in MLT cvs, but you can
easily add it by editing file:

/usr/local/share/mlt/modules/fezzik.dict

You should see a line saying:
*.westley=westley

Just below, add the following:
*.kdenlive=westley

Restart Kdenlive & you should be able to import your project files as clips.

regards
jb