[Kdenlive-devel] Moving kdenlive project

wayne iw at ukulele.com
Thu Jan 4 00:19:23 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 1:02 pm, jb wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 January 2007 17:49, you wrote:
> > > inigo westley:japankdenlive.kdenlive
> > > Does it succesfully play your project ?
> >
> > No, it does not play. It just hangs.
> >
> > #4  0xb69e6d05 in std::set_unexpected () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
> > #5  0xb69e6d42 in std::terminate () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
> > #6  0xb69e6e7a in __cxa_throw () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
> > #7  0xb69e72be in operator new () from /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
> > #8  0xb5067548 in std::vector<RIFFDirEntry,
> > std::allocator<RIFFDirEntry>
> >
> > >::_M_insert_aux () from /usr/share/mlt/modules/libmltkino.so
> >
> > #9  0xb50676a4 in std::vector<RIFFDirEntry,
> > std::allocator<RIFFDirEntry>
> >
> > >::insert () from /usr/share/mlt/modules/libmltkino.so
> >
> > #10 0xb5066b4c in RIFFFile::AddDirectoryEntry ()
> >    from /usr/share/mlt/modules/libmltkino.so
> > #11 0xb5066228 in RIFFFile::ParseChunk ()

> Ok, I think I am understanding the problem.

First, sorry for the delay in answering. I had to reinstall my os and am
just now getting back up to speed.

> It is related to your MLT
> install. Did you compile it by yourself ?

No, I used an rpm file.

> For some reason, MLT tries to read some of your video files with the
> kino producer and crashes there.
>
> I have never user the kino producer, but you should try to disable it.
> Edit (as root) the file:
>
> /usr/local/share/mlt/modules/fezzik.dict
>
> There, you will see a list of file extensions followed by the preferred
> producers. You probably have a line saying:
>
> *.avi=mcdv,libdv,kino,avformat
>
> and
>
> *.dv=mcdv,libdv,kino,avformat
>
> Try removing kino from both entries, so that you have:
>
> *.avi=mcdv,libdv,avformat
> and
> *.dv=mcdv,libdv,avformat

Here's my fezzik.dict file:

http://*=avformat
<?xml*=westley-xml
*.westley=westley
*.inigo=inigo_file
*.asf=avformat
*.avi=mcdv,libdv,avformat
*.bmp=pixbuf,qimage,sdl_image
*.dv=mcdv,libdv,avformat
*.dif=mcdv,libdv
*.gif=pixbuf,qimage,sdl_image
*.graphics=westley
*.jfx=westley
*.jef=westley
*.jpg=pixbuf,qimage,sdl_image
*.jpeg=pixbuf,qimage,sdl_image
*.kino=westley
*.mp3=avformat
*.mov=mcdv,libdv,avformat
*.mpg=mcmpeg,avformat
*.mpeg=mcmpeg,avformat
*.mpl=pango
*.ogg=vorbis
*.pgm=pgm,pixbuf,qimage,sdl_image
*.png=pixbuf,qimage,sdl_image
*.story=westley
*.svg=pixbuf
*.tga=pixbuf,qimage,sdl_image
*.txt=pango
*.vob=mcmpeg,avformat
*.wav=avformat
*.wmv=avformat
*=avformat

The only kino reference in my fezzik.dict file is the line *.kino=westley.
I have that same line in my other computer's fezzik.dict file and it runs
fine.

When I delete that line and run kdenlive and try to load my file, it
crashes. The error message reads:

Failed to load plugin: /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined symbol:
av_freep

> Next, try again to play your .kdenlive file with inigo or to open it in
> Kdenlive.
>
> Let me know if it solved the issue

I can't load it. I get the same error message: Failed to load
plugin: /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined symbol: av_freep

Do I need to install this libavcodec.so.51? I can't find any such plugin.

Also, since I reinstalled my os, clicking on my image clips again causes
kdenlive to crash. I've installed the latest stable ffmpeg I could find
but still there is no change. And kdenlive no longer accepts my .avi
files: "The file *.avi is not a valid video file for kdenlive..."

Thanks,
Wayne