[Kdenlive-devel] My mlt compilation problem solved

Harry van der Wolf harryvanderwolf at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 26 21:01:09 UTC 2007

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I had a problem compiling mlt 0.22 (and so had
others) and I had to use the mediafire.com .debs for (K)Ubuntu. When
compiling mlt yourself, the problem already starts with the
"./configure --enable-gpl --enable-shared --enable-theora
--enable-vorbis --enable-libogg --enable-pp --enable-shared-pp
--enable-motion-est" . This configure step already gives error messages
as some build_config and build_pkgconfig functions are not executed.
This causes the make step to end in error(s) and mlt is not
compiled/linked/built.

I then saw that the top line in ./configure consisted of "#!/bin/sh". I
changed this to "#!/bin/bash" as that's the default for most modern
linuxes and it has more capabilities. This was the great trick. The
configure scripts runs without errors and the "make" and "sudo make
install"  commands function properly too.
The same can be accomplished by "bash ./configure --enable-gpl
--enable-shared --enable-theora --enable-vorbis --enable-libogg
--enable-pp --enable-shared-pp --enable-motion-est".

JB: Can you please add this to the instructions on the
"http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/downloads.php"  page  for the mlt
configure/compilation instructions as I think it will solve a lot of mlt
compilation problems for other new users too, attracting  more people to
start using kdenlive.

Kind regards,

Harry