[Kdenlive-devel] Blender cannot perform "flexible" resampling

Zachary Drew zachary.drew at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 01:02:34 UTC 2007

The MLT framework's architecture should allow for this effect to be
implemented without much difficulty in kdenlive.

You will need a custom mlt producer. This is because a producer is
required to supply a frame with the output resolution. This producer
would use a library to open the image and apply the pan and zoom
effect. Normally, this would be a filter but not here because of the
native image resolution requirement. You can probably use built-in MLT
transitions to dissolve between images. This assumes it is ok to apply
the fade at output resolution and not native image resolution.

You can modify producer pixbuf supplied in the MLT framework as a
starting point. You will probably want to use the inigo command line
tool for development.

Building an interface in kdenlive is probably going to be more work
and you'll need guidance from someone else on that.

Hopefully that helps!

Zach