[Kdenlive-devel] Some development news...

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sat Aug 4 17:34:31 UTC 2007

Hello everyone.

While we are still waiting for a few remaining bugs to be fixed due to the new
MLT profiles system, I have been working a lot on some new features I need in
Kdenlive. Those are ready to commit, but I will wait for the 0.5 release
before commiting, or maybe I will create a 0.5 branch so that development can
continue in svn...

For your information, here is a quick list of the new features I have already
implemented:

* New effects (some sox audio effects, blue screen effect,threshold...)
* Printing (Kdenlive can print a list of the clips included in your project,
with thumbnails & comments in a nice layout, can even be saved as pdf!)
* Zoom in & out in title widget, useful if you can't afford an HD monitor.
* Start of westley clip management (fix broken path, add comment)
* Improvements in the "save subclip" feature
* Clip thumbails for 16:9 projects have a 16:9 size
* Thumbnail previews of westley clips in konqueror
* Meta info for westley & kdenlive files in konqueror

I know some of you would rather have me working on the remaining bugs, but I
am currently working on a big video editing project with Kdenlive so for the
next few weeks, I will mostly concentrate on features that I need for my
project.

I still hope that we can fix the remaining crash:
http://www.kdenlive.org/bbforum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=162&hilit=
so that the 0.5 release can happen soon.

regards
jb