[Kdenlive-devel] mlt profiles

Aleksander Adamowski aleksander.adamowski at olo.org.pl
Wed Aug 1 14:02:19 UTC 2007

On 7/31/07, Dan Dennedy <dan at dennedy.org> wrote:
> Is this script even necessary now that mlt's configure --avformat-svn
> statically links and lets you specify all the options you want?

I think yes, because with the script the checkout of FFMPEG from SVN
and the build are separated and you can revert to an older FFMPEG
revision (it the current revision doesn't work for you) before you
build MLT, e.g.:

$ kdenlive_builder.sh getsources
$ cd ffmpeg
$ svn update -r '{2007-07-20}'
$ cd ../
$ kdenlive_builder.sh build

> If your script would set PKG_CONFIG_PATH, then pkg-config would find the
> mlt-framework.pc in a user's homedir.

Hmm, good idea, I'll try this.

> Kdenlive is now looking for the MLT
> profiles, but it is not yet smart enough to default to the MLT prefix, so it
> presents a dialog asking you. I already explained that you need to specify
> the MLT prefix in this dialog. Look in

I understood your answer, I just tried to specify the prefix directory
using the GUI, and the dialog that pops up is a file select dialog - I
didn't notice that it insists to select a file and refuses to accept a
directory. When I copy/paste the prefix directory, it works fine.

Are there any plans to imlement a configure option for KDEnlive to
specify the default prefix for share/mlt/profiles/? Or to search in
KDEnlive build prefix first, then system-wide /usr prefix?

--
Best Regards,
  Aleksander Adamowski