[Kdenlive-devel] Max clip length 00:01:03 still exists

Hans-Jürgen Koch hjk at linutronix.de
Wed Apr 4 09:21:45 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, 4. April 2007 08:48 schrieb Jean-Michel Pouré:
> Le mardi 03 avril 2007 à 22:31 +0200, Hans-Jürgen Koch a écrit :
> > I just updated kdenlive to the latest version available on
> > debian-multimedia.org, but I've still got the problem that kdenlive
> > only
> > recognizes the first 63 seconds of my DV clips.
>
> I have the same problem when using AVI files, the limit is near 60
> seconds.
> mlt and ffmpeg were updated in Debian multimedia a few days ago.
> It may be related to that upgrade, I am really not sure where this comes
> from.

Hi Jean-Michel,
thanks for your answer, I don't feel alone anymore ;-)
I'll try to find out which package causes the problem and file a bug
against it. I guess it's not ffmpeg, as all other video players
recognize (and play) the full length.

And another wild guess: Could it be a 65535 milliseconds overflow in
some 16-bit variable? In that case, it could also be within kdenlive code.

Thanks,
Hans