[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive feature request : blur

jb jb at ader.ch
Sat Sep 30 09:09:37 UTC 2006

Hello.

> For producing the show, we will be using Kdenlive 0.4 cvs version, although
> it is not considered stable. No problem, we are small community using Free
> Software.

Cool. I will be glad to have your feedback. I am currently submitting many bug
fixes / speedups, so I would recommand that you keep your cvs up to date.

> It is requested by the French law that buildings may not be recognized,
> especially because we may shoot pictures in the street without prior
> authorization of the owner.

As someone already told, the "obscure" effect should do the trick. it applies
a mosaic effect on a selected part of the image. The only problem is that
this filter has a bug (recently discovered by Reinhard). I sent a patch to
the MLT mailing list (
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=30661447&forum_id=40948 ),
so if you plan to use it, you will need to either patch your MLT or wait
until the patch is commited to MLT cvs (should be within a couple of days).

> Therefore, we need a simple blur feature, which would allow to blur certain
> parts of the image. In Kdenlive 0.3, there was no blur feature. I guess

I agree that a blur effect would be really cool. I especially would love a
blur effect with adjustable "blurring" so that you could make cool
transitions!  - Ruslan, you're more than welcome if you want to work on it :)

regards
Jean-Baptiste