[Kdenlive-devel] Video plugin for Kdenlive

jb jb at ader.ch
Mon Sep 18 17:18:26 UTC 2006

On Monday 18 September 2006 09:16, Ruslan Popov wrote:
> Hi.
> Is there a howto for video/audio plugin for Kdenlive?
> I have some ideas.

Great!

I think some would be very welcome (I am especially thinking of color
correction stuff, but anything is welcome).

As Kdenlive uses MLT for all video processing, the plugins have to be MLT
plugins. When you have a working MLT plugin, all you need to do is create an
entry in initeffects.cpp (I created a very basic howto), and the effect will
show up in Kdenlive.

Let me know if you have further questions / suggestions / needs on the way
that effects are initialized in initeffects.cpp

I also want to investigate to see if it would be possible to have mlt plugins
in a repository on Kdenlive svn so that we can have our custom filters and
don't rely on the MLT developpers to commit the stuff.

regards

Jean-Baptiste