[Kdenlive-devel] Startup irritation

brian bmcandrews at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 14:58:55 UTC 2006

I apologize for barging in here with a relatively petty complaint, but I'm
sure that others may feel the same.  On start up, I get prompted with a file
dialog like box that asks me whether I want to create a new project or open
an existing project.  For experienced users this may be a convenience.
However, for the new user who wants to bring up the app and kick the tires a
little bit, this can be a put off since you're being asked to commit to
building a project right away when all you want to do is click around and
get a feel for what the app is like.   Again, this is minor, but when  a
user  first starts up kdenlive, they don't even know what a project is, yet
they're being asked to open or create one.

Is this behavior a KDE standard?  If so, maybe the start up dialog box could
include a 'just open the app' option.

Thanks,
Brian