[Kdenlive-devel] Now trying to compile on amd64

Jean-Michel Pouré jmpoure at free.fr
Sun Oct 29 19:21:14 UTC 2006

Le dimanche 29 octobre 2006 à 12:07 -0600, brian a écrit :
> Just updated my kubuntu to 6.10 with amd64 and tried to compile mlt
> per instructions, but i get this error message:
>
> have_mmx.S: Assembler messages:
> have_mmx.S:20: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push'
> have_mmx.S:24: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pushf'
> have_mmx.S:25: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pop'
> have_mmx.S:28: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push'
> have_mmx.S:29: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `popf'
> have_mmx.S:30: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pushf'
> have_mmx.S:31: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pop'
> have_mmx.S:51: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pop'
>

> doesn't seem to like some of the assembly code.  Any ideas?

There is information on the Wiki:

- Installation guide =
http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Faq_Install

- AMD64 guidelines =
http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Amd64

The mmx problem under AMD64 is a known issue.
You should compile mlt without mmx.

If you would like sox support under AMD64, please download and install
the latest sox tarbal from sox homepage. I tried to use Debian Sox
packages without success.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel