[Kdenlive-devel] Buyin an HDV camcorder - Advice needed

jmpoure at free.fr jmpoure at free.fr
Tue Oct 10 14:18:49 UTC 2006

Dear friends,

I am asking for simlpe advice, as I plan to buy an HDV camcorder.
Hopefully, I would like to use MLT + Kdenlive.

In your opinion, what is the best solution :
* Buy a DV HDV camcorder (1080i resolution), or
* Buy an mpeg4 HDV camcorder (producing 1080i mpeg4 files)

My questions :
* Is HDV supported by the DV libraries used in Kdenlive and MLT.
* Will I be able to use Kdenlive in both cases (HDV DV or HDV Mpeg4).
* In the case of mpeg4 files, does MLT provide non-destructive video editing.
Non-destructive means that a 15Mb/s simple stream is not modified, unless an
effect is applied.
* <<<If>>> changes are required in Kdenlive, are they minimal or quite
important?

Your answer is not a contract. Feel free to say "maybe".

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel