[Kdenlive-devel] Keep original DV timecode where it possible

varokan varokan at movingsatellites.com
Tue Oct 3 13:23:58 UTC 2006

Ruslan Popov wrote:

>Some time ago I asked to realize the ability to keep original DV
>timecode while doing DV export with Kdenlive. Is it possible?
>I need time code! I use it to create timecode subtitle for my DVDs.

Whoaw,

this is what I am planing to put into the next version of QDVDAuthor. I
want to extract the info from the dv magterial and automatically create
the subtitles for the DVD.

I browsed the libdv API and there seem to be at least two ways to get
the timestamp, though I don't know if both will work.

I will also check out xine, and MPlayer to see if my current framework
can deliver this info.

Varol :)