[Kdenlive-devel] Using avformat for DV decoder

jb jb at ader.ch
Tue Oct 3 10:03:48 UTC 2006

Ruslan Popov wrote:
> How can I force using of avformat for DV decoder in Kdenlive?

There is no such option in Kdenlive. To acheive this, you would need to
change the source code in docclipavfile line 406 you should see:

producer.setAttribute("resource", fileUrl().path());

Change it to:

producer.setAttribute("resource", "avformat:" + fileUrl().path());

to force avformat.

Or you could try to configure MLT with --disable-dv maybe it works.

But I think it would be better to solve the issue with libdv since libdv
is supposed to deliver a better quality I think.

Libdv comes with a utility (should be in package libdv-bin) called
playdv. Can you try playing your files with it and see if the problem
shows up or not ?

If it does, you should explain your problem on the libdv-dev mailing
list ( http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=4393 )

regards
jb