[Kdenlive-devel] ffmpeg export debugging?

Felix Hammer f.hammer at web.de
Sun Nov 26 08:55:56 UTC 2006

Am Sonntag, 26. November 2006 09:27 schrieb Jean-Michel Pouré:
> You should try h264.
> The new HDV camcorders from Sony use h264 natively.
> h264 may be the future.

Yes i will try. I use mpeg4 to store my projects on pc for "daily" watching.
But for publishing i really need dvd and flash :(
Now i try to export as raw-dv and manually convert with ffmpeg. Does it give
loss of quality if i export as dv and than convert to mpeg4 instead of
directly export mpeg4 from kdenlive?

whats about h264? Is it available on windows PCs as default? Is it complicate
to install on windows. I have some windows user to feed with mpeg4 ... ;-)

regards
Felix