[Kdenlive-devel] wipe - radial bug?

jb jb at ader.ch
Sat Nov 25 00:12:39 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 November 2006 23:49, Felix Hammer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I dont know if this is a bug but want to ask here.
> I have a clip "A" on track 0 and a clip "B" on track 1. Now i add a
> transition between and use wipe - radial. IMHO during transition clip B
> should smoothly appear from the middle and get bigger and bigger. But as
> default, at beginning of transition clip B appears directly and clip A come
> smoothly in. If i click "invert direction" clip B appears smoothly but from

Hard to fully understand since I am not sure if your track 0 is above or under
track 1. In Kdenlive, tracks that are above cover the tracks under. I did a
quick test and it seems to work in a logical way:

track 0   ---------------- |  CLIP A    | -----------
transition                    xxxx

With the following config, clip A appears slowly , growing from the center to
completely fill the screen. Inverting makes it disappear, usefull in the
following config:

transition                    xxxx

Seems ok to me, but I admit it may be confusing since the "invert" option
in "Push" transitions swaps the 2 tracks...

jb