[Kdenlive-devel] Freeze effect ...

reinhard Amersberger at t-online.de
Thu Nov 23 21:25:36 UTC 2006

On Tuesday, 21. November 2006 00:14, you wrote:
> On Monday 20 November 2006 22:27, reinhard wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have slightly problems to use the freeze effect, since it is very hard
> > to select the frame to be freezed.
>
> I fixed it. You now have a very friendly button to use current timeline
> frame.

hhmmm, thanks, but I can't get it to work as I've expected ... ;)

Now it is easy to specify the frame to be freezed, but then the whole clip
will be freezed.
My expectation was that the clip would be played back to the frame I have
choosed to be freezed, then freeze this frame for some time specified by
user, and then continue with playback, if specified by user.

So in the end there would be a new "freeze clip" added/inserted like this
(_ == playback, F == freeze) ...

Original clip:

Resulting clip:

or like that when freezed frame is the last frame of the clip:

______________________________FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

.... and maybe the freeze length could be alternatively adjusted using
the roll tool ?!?

RFC guys ...

greetings
reinhard